Last September 24, I attended my first ever blogging event which is the BlogEx Manila 2016! It was held at the SMX Convention Center in SM Aura, Taguig. And yes, the experience was definitely amazing!
It was in July when I first heard about this event. My blogger friend was also planning to come with me. However, due to some unfortunate reasons, he couldn’t go with me. I almost hesitated to go alone but I knew – I just knew – that I had to go, that I would miss such a great opportunity if I didn’t.
So without further ado, here’s my experience in the said event:
- I had to ride the bus alone from Laguna since I was studying there. I also had to walk from the bus stop in Guadalupe just to find a vehicle going to the location. It was quite challenging – what with me wearing my heels and all made up for the event – but totally worth it!
- I thought I came late but I realized that when I arrived, it still was not starting. There were still a lot of vacant seats but some were already taken. After a few minutes, we were given the agenda for the event and it already started.
- I’ve learned a lot and got some insightful tips from professional bloggers who were already at the peak of their blogging careers. Being the college student in me, I took notes at the back of my notebook which I use in my classes. Can you believe it? Hahaha! I’d like to thank all the speakers for sharing with us some very helpful things to remember to make the most of our blogs!
- I met Tita Miles, a blogger who’s about to make her way into the successful world of finance and lifestyle blogging. It was so nice meeting someone so genuine and kind! Hi, Tita Miles! (Check out her blog at mileslozarte.wordpress.com)
- I’ve talked with some of the brands that had their own stalls and booths outside the main event. My most favorite of them is of course the UNICEF! I wasn’t able to contribute financially since it requires someone at the age of 26 and above but I told them that I was willing to help through information dissemination. To be able to be a part of UNICEF has always been one of my dream jobs because I have always been an advocate for children. I will have a blog post especially for this soon. Let’s all make a change in this world, even through our own little ways.
- I also had a chance to get a free box of cookies from Town 82k. I swear these cookies are one of the best that I’ve ever tasted. I’m even planning to buy more! (Check out their Instagram page here)
- Also, I had conversations from two representatives of FWD Life Insurance Corporation. Their app, which they let me try, is honestly very interesting and accessible. I find it nice how I can gain points that I can use to purchase some services only through swiping, scanning, and reading their articles. I’d also like to say hi to Oliver for being the first person I’ve talked to in the event! (Check out their app here)
All in all, it was such a great experience to be able to participate in this event. I am hoping to attend next year’s event and I also wish there’d be a fashion blogger who can also share her tips and thoughts on blogging. Also, more brands please! 🙂
Shoutout to Miss Grace Bondad Nicolas for answering some of my questions the night before the event. Without you, I would’ve backed out of the event and missed out this totally fun event!
That is all for this post, loves! Thank you for reading!